Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Pics - China and Hong Kong

I finally got around to transferring all of my pictures to a dvd so I can now upload them onto computers and share them with you jerks.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me at the Summer Palace or some shit like that...


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The centre-piece of the Maoist hangover that pounds in the heads of the chinese. This is the forbidden city. Many emporers lived and governed from here for the bulk of Chinese history. What a cheekly little monkey Mao is.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm stuggling to find the words to describe how it felt when I had this photo taken. The Great Wall will forever be one of the greatest things I've seen/experienced in my life. Plus I was scared tp death of falling off. By far, the Highlight of my trip to China.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One my favourite pictures on the trip. I slowed the shutter speed down so the cars are blurry yet the bell tower is in focus. Oh yeah, this is the bell tower in Xian. I took this picture from the balcony in my hostel. Not bad.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What a great hostel. They let you play with swords when you are drunk. This poor german bastard was blind drunk and passed out in the chair in the hostel bar. In the event you are wondering, that is an apple on his face. Tomatoes in nose and toes not pictured.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I mentioned the pollution in Xian in my blog a few weeks ago. This was not a foggy day. Breath it in.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Terracotta Wariors were as hyped up as the Spiderman Movies were and equally dull. These are the only ones have been fully unearthed though there are thousands more still burried. Originally they were painted as well but the paint dissolves in the first 24 hrs of exposure to light and oxygen.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hard to believe this place is in China. Shanghai feels like another planet. The architecture here has been the most impressive in asia. There is the ultra modern, the traditional chinese (even the largest buildings under construction have scaffolding made of bamboo) and french and english colonial.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hong Kong has one of the most famous waterfronts in the world. Something tells me the government pays to have these chinese style junk boats zipping around all the time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The famous Hong Kong light show (try to imagine these sky scrapers flashing and playing music that sounds like an old nintendo from underwater).


I'll post more pics from vietnam and cambodia and thailand really soon. maybe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?