Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

What the hell am I doin drinkin in LA?

Recommended song while reading: Bran Van 3000 - Drinking in LA. (quite gay but I challenge anyone to come up with a more appropriate song)

What the hell am I doing drinking in LA?

Well, I'll tell you.

The calamity that has befallen me in the last x hours, I can't begin to describe. I will try to make it short.

My flight from Van to LA had to turn around after half an hour because our cabin was not holding pressure. We sat on the tarmac at YVR for a few hours and we eventually changed to another plane. Turns out when we were landing the Pilot didn't dump enough fuel into the ocean and he damaged the plane on our landing.
flash forward 4 hours of sitting next to the most annoying 18 year old god has created and a crying baby to bring up the rear and I am in LA. We did however have the company of the devastatingly handsome Pierce Brosnon and the guy from the A&W commercials (and he is full on skid in real life - denim jacket, jeans and a wallet chain to boot).
My flight got in after my contacting flight to Tokyo went out. So they put me up in a Hotel in Los Angelas for the night. This place is to smog what Van is to mountains. The people are rude, greedy and bigoted and those are their good points. After landing in LAX I learned that 90% of the people who had missed connecting flights had already been rebooked to fly out today. not me though. they lost my luggage. I finally got it back at 6:45pm.

So I checked into a hotel at Air Canada's expense and I will be flying out tomorrow. I've spent my time here draining scotches with some dude I met in Vancouver at 7:00 am this morning. He wants me to go to a strip club but he is drunk as fuck and more than a little creepy.

oh yeah. I've been awake for almost 40 hours now. I don't know why I haven't crashed but whatever.

I'm Drinking in LA

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

I must say this is some adventure.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?