Friday, August 25, 2006

 

Tokyo pt1

suggested music for this entry: Blue Rodeo - What am I doing for this entry: Blue Rodeo - What am I doing here?

I got into Tokyo last night. another 24 hrs of the pain that is being awake. I got a the pain that is being awake. I got a good 1 that is being awake. I got a good 10 hrs in LA though. The flight was very comfortable and i met some cool people on their way to thailand.
In the immigration line @ narita airport outside tokyo I met an line @ narita airport outside tokyo I met an american dude that was a lost and alone littly puppy, just like me.
a train ride happened. a cab ride happened and checking into a hostel happened. then drinking happened, the vending machines sell massive beers for about $140. It only took two and i was feelin pretty relaxed (drunk). We met another WAS feelin pretty relaxed (drunk). We met another american kid that is fluent in japanese and is studying japanese lit. he walked us through some quiet commercial neighbourhoods where we sat down for sushi and I celebrated my 24th hr awake. You can fully drink on the street here. its not even illegal. The sushi here. its not even illegal. The sushi here makes the sushi at home look like kraft dinner with a side of rancid egg salad.

I woke up this morning jet lagged and.... woke up this morning jet lagged and.... lost. up this morning jet lagged and.... lost. I kept asking myself What the hell am i going to do? where do i hell am i going to do? where do i go now? how do i get by. My american friend woke up later and we wandered the neighbourhood looking for an ATM that accepts our cards and a place for breakfast that didn/t scare the shit out of us.

off the cuff, Tokyo can be a pretty intimidating place when you dont know the city, the language or even what lies beyond the next door.
i admit pt 1 of the tokyo blog is a little depressing and makes me look like a little candy-ass. Wait for part 2. Im on top of the world now

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?